Attractions and Events
To experience the conference vibe
watch this video!
Miami, is the ultimate destination that offers more than amazing beaches, hip restaurants, and trendy shopping; Miami is also home to some of the best contemporary art and unique cultures. Escape into the sunny paradise this fall and enjoy Miami's 3,200 average hours of annual sunshine! From beachfront art deco buildings to the galleries and “murals as art” like Wynwood Walls - Miami is rich with the arts. Hop on the free Metromover and explore the downtown scene while surrounding yourself in turquoise water! Let's explore it together!
- Miami is an arts and culture destination.
- Ranked in Top 10 of Major American Cities of the Future (2017-2018)
- The AATA conference hotel is Downtown near the Brickell City Center, Bayfront Park, Bayside Shopping, Dining & Entertainment, Port of Miami, Little Havana, the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) and much more!
Click here to explore Miami information from our Local Arrangements Committee!
CONFERENCE EVENTS...Be more than an attendee! There are lots of ways for you to get really immersed including:
Arts & Crafts Marketplace, scheduled for Friday, November 2, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., is one of the Annual Conference’s most popular events. All are invited to shop, and members are invited to showcase their entrepreneurial spirit! Request a table to sell your handmade custom artwork, jewlery, prints and other items. Click here for the request form.
Art Exhibit at the Miami International Airport in Celebration of the AATA Conference - If you're flying into the airport, be sure to check out the art exhibit at the Baggage Claim department next to carousel 15, where you'll find ARTWORKS: Navigating Student Success, offered by the Clinical Art Therapy Department of Miami-Dade County Public Schools!
Night on the Town Event: An Evening at the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) – All conference attendees are invited to attend this event to be held on Thursday, November 1, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. There is no cost to attend and pre-registration is not required. Transportation is available via the free Metromover, and admission to the Museum is free that evening and open to the public. PAMM provides a cash bar for “happy hour” on the patio of the Museum along with live music. Explore the museum, have drink with friends, and listen to the music while gazing at the beautiful bay.
Community Service Projects - The Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) invites you to "give back" and "pay it forward" while in their hometown. They're offering three ways you can participate.
- BRING: Leave with your suitcase lighter, but your heart fuller - Bring an item to donate of professional (business attire) clothing or accessories such as shoes, belts, handbags and costume jewelry to provide to women and men in need so they may have appropriate clothes for employment interviews and to successfully engage in the workforce.
- MAKE: Share the Gesture of Warmth - We'll continue the theme started by the New Mexico Art Therapy Association in 2017, and provide opportunities to knit hats, scarves, blankets, etc. to be donated to the local children's hospital cancer units.
Memorial Ceremony - Remember the lives and work of art therapists who have passed since the last conference. This annual ceremony will honor those lost from the art therapy community on Saturday, November 3 at 5:00 p.m. If you have information to be included, please send it to Information for Inclusion in Memorial Ceremony.