Advanced Registration is Now Open
Read more below, or click here to register online.
Registration Categories - Both Member and Non-Member registration packages as noted below. Members save at least 30% on the registration package alone, so consider joining today. Click here to learn more. When you add more items (workshops, tickets to events, etc.) the member savings increase!
- General Attendee: Registrants who are not eligible for another category must register as a general attendee.AATA members register for the conference in the same category as their membership. For example, Credentialed Professional and Professional members register as General Attendees.
- New Professional/Retired Member: Available only to American Art Therapy Association current members in the retired/new professional membership categories.
- Student: Student members of the American Art Therapy Association, or non-member student individuals who are taking courses in art therapy or a related field. For non-members, a copy of your student ID and either a letter of verification from the program director or a current schedule of your courses are required.
Full Conference Registration includes educational sessions, plenary sessions including keynotes, scheduled refreshment breaks, and a ticket for the Opening and Closing Receptions. NOTE: The Full Registration Package does NOT include additional fees related to workshops, advanced practice courses, or special events.
Economy Registration includes all items in the Full Package Registration, EXCEPT tickets to the Opening and Closing Receptions. NOTE: The Economy Registration Package does NOT include additional fees related to workshops, advanced practice courses, or special events. However, these tickets can be purchased separately.
Single Day Registration includes educational sessions, plenary sessions including keynotes and scheduled refreshment breaks only for the day(s) for which you are registered. The Single Day Registration Package does NOT include tickets to the Wednesday President’s Opening Reception (cash bar) or the Saturday Closing Reception (cash bar). The Single Daily Registration Packages does NOT include tickets for special events, workshops, or advanced practice courses.
Very Important – Please Read:
- Most of the educational sessions at the conference DO provide continuing education. Click here to read the Continuing Education Policy.
- Pre-registration and additional fees are ONLY required for seats in the Workshops and Advanced Practice Courses. These sessions include an experiential element using art supplies. Seats are limited and sessions typically fill up by the end of early bird registration. We do not manage a waiting list, so please register early to make sure you get seats in the sessions that you really want to attend. Only two workshops per day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are permitted for each attendee.
- The majority of the conference sessions (Posters, Papers, Panels, Plenary Sessions, etc.) do NOT require pre-registration or additional fees. Simply go to the designated meeting rooms at the appropriate time for "open seating."
- Review the online schedule, or download the detailed conference brochure for the full program schedule. You can register online here.
Click here to download the Conference Registration Form
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to review the online schedule with search features.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The Association considers Annual Conference Registration refunds only in cases of illness or a debilitating health condition which restricts travel and full conference participation by the registrant. The health condition could also be that of a direct family member which would restrict the registrant from attending. In addition, death of an immediate family member or significant other that restricts travel and full conference participation by the registrant is covered by this policy. The illness must be documented by a physician’s letter; the death must be verified by an obituary or other proper means.Refunds for registration only are provided at the percentages and timeframes noted below. As there are no refunds within two weeks and through the conference itself, a credit of 50% of the registration fee is given (if policy restrictions are met) to be applied to registration at the next Annual Conference. You may also want to consider transfering your registration to someone. See more below.
- Refunds will only be issued for core conference registration and single day registration.
- Registration fees for workshops, advanced practice courses, and special events are non-refundable.
- Refunds will be considered with required documentation at the following intervals:
(a) Refund requests more than eight (8) weeks prior to the conference - refund 75% of the registration (Request must be submitted by September 5, 2018.)
(b) Refund requests between eight (8) weeks and (2) weeks prior to the conference - refund of 50% of the registration fee (Request must be submitted from September 6 up until October 17, 2018)
(c) Refund requests within two (2) weeks of the conference -No Refund-a credit of 50% of the registration fee may be applied if the situation meets policy (Refunds will not be considered if notification is sent after October 17, 2018).
Click here to download the Cancellation and Refund Request form. Return the completed form and documentation to email@example.com, or fax to (703) 783-8468.
You may also transfer your registration to another person. To do so, the attendee finds someone to purchase their registration, and acquires the money directly from the individual. Then, once the money is received, the original attendee notifies AATA about the person who purchased the registration. AATA will change the name on the registraiton and contact information and email both indivdidual (original attendee and new attendee) to confirm.