Pre-Conference Registration Is Now Closed
Register Onsite in the Convention Center on the Lower Level:
Tuesday, November 7, 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Wednesday, November 8, 7:00 am to 7:30 pm
Thursday & Friday (Nov. 9-10) 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday, November 11, 7:00 am to 2:00 pm
Sunday, November 12, 7:00 to 8:00 am
Registration Categories - Both Member and Non-Member registration packages as noted below. Members save at least 20% on the registration package alone, so consider joining today. Click here to learn more. When you add more items (workshops, tickets to events, etc.) the member savings increase!
- General Attendee: Registrants who are not eligible for another category must register as a general attendee.AATA members register for the conference in the same category as their membership. For example, Credentialed Professional and Professional members register as General Attendees.
- New Professional/Retired Member: Available only to American Art Therapy Association current members in the retired/new professional membership categories.
- Student: Student members of the American Art Therapy Association, or non-member student individuals who are taking courses in art therapy or a related field. For non-members, a copy of your student ID and either a letter of verification from the program director or a current schedule of your courses are required.
Full Conference Registration includes educational sessions, plenary sessions including keynotes, scheduled refreshment breaks, a ticket for the Opening and Closing Receptions, and the Saturday Breakfast Honors/Awards/Scholarships Plenary. NOTE: The Full Registration Package does NOT include additional fees related to workshops, advanced practice courses, Master Class, or special events.
Economy Registration includes all items in the Full Package Registration, EXCEPT tickets to the Opening and Closing Receptions, or the Saturday Breakfast Plenary Luncheon. NOTE: The Economy Registration Package does NOT include additional fees related to workshops, advanced practice courses, Master Class or special events. However, these tickets can be purchased separately.
Single Day Registration includes educational sessions, plenary sessions including keynotes and scheduled refreshment breaks only for the day(s) for which you are registered. The Single Day Registration Package does NOT include tickets to the Wednesday President’s Opening Reception (cash bar), the Saturday Closing Reception (cash bar), the Saturday Breakfast Plenary, special events, or fees for workshops, advanced practice courses or Master Class.
Very Important – Please Read:
- Most of the educational sessions at the conference DO provide continuing education. Click here to read the Continuing Education Policy.
- Pre-registration and additional fees are ONLY required for seats in the Workshops, Advanced Practice Courses, and the Master Class. These sessions include an experiential element using art supplies. Seats are limited and sessions typically fill up by the end of early bird registration. We do not manage a waiting list, so please register early to make sure you get seats in the sessions that you really want to attend. Only two workshops per day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are permitted for each attendee.
- The majority of the conference sessions (Digital Posters, Papers, Panels, Plenary Sessions, etc.) do NOT require pre-registration or additional fees. Simply go to the designated meeting rooms at the appropriate time for "open seating."
- Review the online detailed conference brochure for the full program schedule.
Click here to download the Conference Registration Application & Cancellation Policy.
Registrants may still register for the conference online at www.arttherapyconference.com, until October 31, after which registration will occur onsite at the conference registration desk in Albuquerque.
Registration and Refund Policy: Complete a separate registration form for each attendee. A conference badge is required for all events.
IMPORTANT: Please read the current refund and cancellation process, before you register.
The Association considers Annual Conference Registration refunds only in cases of illness or a debilitating health condition which restricts travel and full conference participation by the registrant. The serious health condition could also be that of a direct family member if the condition would restrict the registrant from attending. The illness must be documented by a physician’s letter. All refund or credit request must be documented by using the Conference Refund Request Form. The request will be reviewed against the refund level applicable on the date the request is received. The physician’s note must be attached to the form.Refunds for registration only are provided at the percentages noted below. As there are no refunds within two weeks and through the conference itself, a credit to be applied to registration at the next Annual Conference may be applied if the situation meets policy restrictions.
1. Refunds will only be issued for core conference registration and single day registration.
2. Workshops, advanced practice courses and special events are non-refundable.
3. Refunds will be considered with required documentation at the following intervals: a) Refund requests more than eight (8) weeks prior to the conference-refund provided: 75% of the registration fee. (Notification required by September 13). b) Refund requests between eight (8) weeks and (2) weeks prior to the conference refund provided: 50% of the registration fee only. (Notification may only be submitted from September 14 to October 25). c) Refund requests within two (2) weeks of the conference-No Refund- a Credit for the next Annual Conference may be applied if the situation meets policy restrictions. (Notification must be submitted from October 26 to November 8)
Annual Conference Refund request process: When a conference registrant realizes that he/she will not be able to attend the conference, the person should complete the Conference Refund Request Form and return it with the physician’s note if applicable as noted below.
Fax: (703) 783-8468
Mail: American Art Therapy Association
Attn: Conference Registrar
4875 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 240 |Alexandria, VA 22304
Substitutions/Transfers - Registrations may be transferred to another conference participant. Substitution requests must be received in writing BY FAX ONLY. Fax request to (703) 783-8468. The request must be submitted by the original registrant and include the name and contact information (including e-mail address) of the substitute attendee. The substitute must qualify for the same rates as the original registration (for example a professional cannot be a substitute for a student).